In this solo episode of the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show Ann Pearson discusses the results from the paralegal survey Paralegal Boot Camp ran a few months ago, where we asked some questions that were a little different than most paralegal surveys.
We asked paralegals to participate in giving us insight into paralegal job satisfaction. We wanted to know if they were happy doing what they do, and if not, why not, and what their employer can do to improve. The results are in and we’re here to give you actionable strategies to promote change and improve your experience in the workplace.
Other Podcast Episodes of Interest
Episode 13: 8 Mindsets That Could Be Hurting Your Paralegal Career
Episode 51: We Should All Be So Lucky To Work At This Law Firm
Episode 38: Proven Strategies To Get Out of Paralegal Burnout
Episode 28: 3 Ways To Work Better With Attorneys
Visit Main Paralegal Podcast Page to listen to all of our episodes.
Your Actionable Strategies
In all of our podcast episodes, we try to give paralegals actionable strategies that they can take away from the show because we know your time is valuable.
In this podcast episode, Ann Pearson shares six actionable strategies for improving your happiness in the workplace.
- Get that training and on-the-job clarity you’ve been hoping for by listening to How to Get Your Attorney to Invest in Your Career Development and asking your firm to invest in you.
- Make a list of the top five things you need to know how to do to not feel like you’re sinking at work. Then map out a plan for how you will gain knowledge on these five things. Remember that you own your career.
- Listen to A Refresher of the 7 C’s of Paralegal Communication and get some great tips on being an effective communicator so that you can communicate how you want others to communicate with you in the workplace.
- Gain a better understanding of how those around you like to communicate and work with them to improve things moving forward.
- If you are experiencing bullying in the workplace, update your resume and get it out to as many local recruiters as possible this week. Do not ever tolerate a hostile work environment.
- Remember that if you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
ARE YOU NEW TO LITIGATION?
You can fast-track your career with our 3-Step Roadmap to Manage Cases Like a Rockstar Litigation Paralegal! If you are new (or fairly new) to litigation, this free guide will help you get a handle on your cases and be able to anticipate what the attorney needs before they ask for it.
Got a Question You Want Answered on the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below, or visit our Contact Us page and submit your question there.
Want to be the first to know when the next podcast episode is released?
Get added to our podcast mailing list.
Support the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show
Did you get a tip from today’s episode to help you fast-track your paralegal career? Give the show a review and let me know what you enjoy most about the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show. I’ll be reading every one of them! –Ann Pearson