Paralegal Training For Your Team
For litigation-specific courses for new and experienced paralegals, visit our Paralegal Courses page. Law firms and corporate legal departments use these courses to bridge the gap between what they teach in paralegal certificate programs and the paralegal skills that most litigation attorneys need from their professional staff.
We give paralegals a solid plan to implement right away to increase their billable hours. The methods discussed in this paralegal training program come from years of research that included asking attorneys “how does a paralegal get the billable work off your desk and on to their desk?” It also comes from asking paralegals who consistently exceed their billable hour goals.
In this motivational workshop, we put a new spin on Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by showing paralegals how they can develop their own 7 habits that will advance their careers to a new level.
This workshop content is great for kicking off an annual professional development series or a presentation at a paralegal retreat. Like all of our paralegal training programs, we can customize this presentation to make sure we are include the habits that you would like your team to focus on.
The key to reducing write-offs (and increasing paralegal realization rates) is to draft time entries that show the real value of the work that was done. We show paralegals methods for drafting time entries that show the real value of their work to the billing partner and to the client.
One of the most important paralegal skills to master is attention to detail. Yet, most people think that it is something you either have or don’t have. Just like other professional skills that we develop and improve on, this is a skill that can be improved.
In just 60 minutes, your paralegals will be able to increase their attention to detail skills with this live webinar training.
Paralegals can be profit centers for law firms if they understand the importance of time entry and their role in the firm. The Billable Hour Boot Camp provides practical application and instruction to paralegals on understanding their role as a timekeeper and revenue-generator in a law firm.
In this 3-part series, we give paralegals methods and a step-by-step plan to increase their billable hours, draft time entries that show the real value of their work, and achieve a better work/life balance through increased productivity while they are in the office.
We can schedule this 3-part series as three (3) 60-minute live webinars scheduled once per month, once per week, or whatever schedule you prefer. You can also purchase on-demand access to the course so that your entire team gets access to the course.
The top criteria for advancement and promotion for all professionals is an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. It is a very important paralegal skill to possess. Many paralegals believe people are born to be great communicators. Instead, we show them that it is a skill that can be developed by working on it each day.
This course gives paralegals the training and basic understanding into the capabilities of how to use Microsoft Excel to streamline a paralegal’s work.
Upon completion of this course, paralegals will be able to:
- Design the Excel Spreadsheet
- Organize and Review Data
- Name, Color and Format Spreadsheets
- Implement Quick Tricks and Useful Keystrokes
- Work with Excel Templates
- Copy, Paste and Embed Data
- Create Hyperlinks to Worksheets and Other Files
- Create and Use Basic Formulas and Functions to Calculate Data
- Use Excel for Lists, Timelines and Other Tables
We also offer a variety of litigation-specific courses for your litigation paralegals. Each of our litigation course modules is approximately 60 minutes, so you can schedule weekly or monthly group webinars when we present to your group. All of our courses for paralegals can also be accessed through our online learning management system as an “on-demand” training.
Our courses for litigation paralegals include:
- E-discovery training
- Basic training for new litigation paralegals
- Trial Prep Boot Camp
- Personal injury case management
- Drafting discovery requests and responses
- And more…
Click Here to visit our Paralegal Courses page to learn more about litigation courses.
If you are looking for a comprehensive litigation training program for your new litigation paralegals, take a look at our Comprehensive Litigation Paralegal Training Package that law firms and corporate legal departments are using as part of their onboarding for new hires.
- Working at a lower productivity level means longer work hours to get the same work done that others get done in less time
- Lower productivity while you’re in the office means less time with family and friends
- How to calculate your daily productivity and set daily goals to increase it
- Solid methods to improve your productivity
- How to identify and limit distractions for an increase your focus
- Prioritizing your work day so that you can get all of your work done and still have a life outside the office
Our Personal Injury Paralegal Boot Camp is available for individual access or group access that you can purchase for your entire team. This 6-hour course takes the paralegal through the pre-litigation phase of a personal injury matter, from case intake through the demand letter and filing the complaint.
Access to the course also includes every personal injury checklist a paralegal uses during the pre-litigation phase. They can download the forms and templates to use to manage their own client files.
Microsoft PowerPoint provides a variety of tools that can help paralegals deliver content in nearly any situation, not just a presentation. By taking advantage of these tools, paralegals will be creating presentations that convey the key points of any message in a variety of legal industry settings. It is recommended that your professionals have access to a computer and a minimum of Microsoft 2016 available, as this is a hands-on workshop where the attendees will be working alongside the instructor from their own computers.
- Examples of how PowerPoint can be used in a paralegal’s work
- Basic design principles to make your slides look professional
- Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint 2016
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation
- Add graphical elements to your presentation
- Modify objects in your presentation
- Add tables and charts to your presentation
- Using PowerPoint for timelines and video clips
In this program, we give paralegals an overview of the essential elements of project management principles and the project management life cycle as it applies to projects that paralegals are typically involved in. Participants gain an understanding of how to apply the “triple constraints” of project management to their work for increased efficiencies and better work product.
Social media sites and apps have become ethical minefields for legal professionals. This practical course will allow attendees to uncover potential ethical pitfalls when using social media and accessing other internet sites from their work computers. We’ll also cover the latest in cybersecurity issues that employees may not know is putting their firm at risk for a security breach.
- Social media do’s and don’ts when working at a law firm
- A review of attorney-client privilege and confidentiality for legal professionals
- Ethical dilemmas to avoid on social media by knowing exactly who you have “friended”
- An understanding of how privacy settings don’t always protect you
- Real-life horror stories of Social-Media-Gone-Bad
We spend a majority of our waking hours with our colleagues. When you are working with people who have “difficult” personalities, those hours can never go by fast enough. In this webinar we will cover methods for recognizing the characteristics of the common types of difficult people (hint: you might even be one yourself and not even know it!). We’ll give you strategies for dealing with these types of people in the workplace that will make your work hours more enjoyable.
- How to recognize the different characteristics of the most common difficult people usually encountered in the workplace
- Understanding the different methods to use when working with different types of difficult people
- Some coping mechanisms for effectively dealing with difficult people
- What to do if you are the difficult person
Paralegal Training Programs
Are you looking for individual access to our courses?
In addition to our team training for paralegals, we also offer individual access to our online courses when you only need access for one person.