Litigation Paralegal Questions and Answers
In this Q & A style episode of the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show, Ann answers some burning questions from listeners on the topic of litigation.
- Transferring to another state and how it differs from litigation in your current state
- What to do when you’re new to the firm and you have to get up to speed fast on cases
- How to best spend your time learning new litigation software when you are a new litigation paralegal
- How to prepare for a pretrial conference when you’ve never actually attended one
Every month we do one episode that is a Q & A format based on questions submitted on a particular topic. In this month’s Litigation Paralegal Questions and Answers, Ann goes into a deep dive on topics that litigation paralegals wanted to know about. These were the questions that Ann answered in the episode:
- If I am moving to another state, how can I get a job as a litigation paralegal I don’t know the state court rules and the procedures in that state?
- I started a new litigation paralegal position and I have to get up to speed fast on my cases. Do you have any advice for me?
- I am graduating from my paralegal certificate program soon and want to be a litigation paralegal. What types of litigation software should I try to learn to help me land my first paralegal position?
- I have to help prepare for a pretrial conference and I’ve never actually attended one. I’m worried I might be forgetting to do something important. What can I do to prepare for something like this?
Your Actionable Strategy
In all of our podcast episodes, we try to give paralegals an actionable strategy that they can take away from the show because we know your time is valuable.
In this podcast episode, Ann discussed a free PDF:
The 3-Step Plan helps you get up to speed fast when you’re taking over new cases (and for new litigation paralegals who want to proactively manage their cases from the start). You can download it here.
Don’t forget to send us your questions for next month’s Q &A: Paralegal Job Search Questions!
Got a Question You Want Answered on the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or visit our Contact Us page and submit your question there.
Want to be the first to know when the next podcast episode is released?
Support the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show
Did you get a tip from today’s episode to help you fast-track your paralegal career? Give the show a review and let me know what you enjoy most about the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show. I’ll be reading every one of them! –Ann Pearson