Module 1: Pretrial Preparations
- Using Proactive case management before the trial gets noticed
- Using our Trial Prep Checklist for your step-by-step guide to get ready for trial
- Preparing for the pretrial conference
- Locating and securing a remote trial war room
- Equipping and setting up your remote trial war room
Module 2: Managing the Evidence During Pretrial
- Drafting an exhibit list that will be your most valuable tool in the courtroom to track the evidence
- Preparing deposition designations, with or without the aid of technology
- Organizing and managing the exhibits during the pretrial phase
Module 3: Mastering Trial Technology
- Technology applications for speeding up the deposition designations
- Steps to hiring and managing trial technology vendors
- Checklist of equipment if you are the “hot-seat” person
- Technology alternatives for trial presentations
- Ensuring a smooth technology presentation
Module 4: The Paralegal's Role in the Courtroom
- Setting up your work space in the courtroom
- What to expect during the trial
- The paralegal’s role during jury selection
- The paralegal’s role of managing the evidence throughout trial
- General professional guidelines to follow
Additional Course Information
The course access period for this course is 90 days. But life happens! Things come up that you didn’t expect. That’s not a problem.
If something comes up and you are not able to complete the course during your course access period, just shoot us an email and let us know that you need more time.
This course is approved for 5.7 CLE credits.
In addition to the course lessons, your course includes templates and forms that you will be able to download and use right away on your own cases. Some of those include:
- Comprehensive Trial Prep Checklist
- Working Exhibit List
- Trial Notebook
- Supply List for Remote Trial War Room
- Index for Witness Prep Notebook
- Courtroom Supply List
- Technology Checklist
- Voir Dire Seating Chart
This course is recommended for litigation paralegals who have at least 3+ years of experience or those who have a trial coming up in the next year.
Ann Pearson is the Founder of PRM Education Group and Director of Training for its nationally-recognized Paralegal Boot Camp®. Ann develops training programs exclusively for paralegals and legal assistants.
Ms. Pearson has over 25 years of experience in the legal industry, first as a litigation paralegal at a boutique law firm in Sarasota, Florida and then as a litigation paralegal at Holland & Knight LLP. She later became the paralegal manager at McKenna, Long & Aldridge LLP (now Dentons), where she managed the paralegals and case assistants in their Atlanta, New York and San Diego offices. Ann was able to significantly increase the skill set, retention rates and productivity of McKenna’s paralegal group through methods that she now teaches in the Paralegal Boot Camp.
Ms. Pearson teaches online courses for Emory University’s Paralegal Certificate Program and is a frequent speaker at legal industry events. She has served on the Advisory Board of Brown Mack College’s paralegal certificate program in Atlanta and is the former President at the Foundation for the Advancement of the Paralegal Profession (FAPP).