Do you want to transition to litigation?
In this solo episode of the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show, Ann Pearson gives you actionable strategies to use if you are a paralegal working in other practice areas and you want to transition to litigation. While Ann answers a specific question from a listener who is a real estate paralegal and wants to transition to litigation, the actionable strategies she gives can be applied to others as well.
In the episode, Ann also refers to a PDF that we’ve included below in the episode notes.
- It all starts with a list! Doesn’t it always?
- A self-assessment is key before making a move.
- Will the pros and cons change in the new practice area?
- The job description is key when you’re making the case for a transition.
- Start getting those skills now instead of waiting until you ask to transition.
Litigation Paralegal Boot Camp
The only online program of its kind that combines an on-demand course and live coaching calls to give you everything you need to accelerate your litigation paralegal career.
Enrollment is now open through February 7!
Your Actionable Strategy
If you are a new (or fairly new) litigation paralegal or you’re looking to transition to litigation, you don’t want to miss the Litigation Paralegal Boot Camp that closes for enrollment on June 16, 2022!
- Make a list of the things you like about your current practice area (and do the 4 steps Ann mentions with the list).
- Read the job description and make a list of all the skills the employer wants in that role.
- Go get the skills that you don’t have that are in that job description.
- Talk to paralegals who are in that new practice area.
Other episodes mentioned in this show:
Episode 27 (May 3, 2022): Paralegal Time Management Tips
In this solo episode of the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show, Ann shares three great paralegal time management tips to reduce distractions, increase productivity and get you out of the office sooner!
Develop These to Transition to Litigation
In this episode, Ann referred to the Litigation Paralegal Career Accelerator that is used in developing the curriculum for the Litigation Paralegal Boot Camp.
Up Next Week!
From law firm receptionist to director of paralegals – how she did it and how you can too!
Have a topic suggestion? Send it to email@example.com.
Want to be the first to know when the next podcast episode is released?
Support the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show
Did you get a tip from today’s episode to help you fast-track your paralegal career? Give the show a review, and let me know what you enjoy most about the Paralegals on Fire! Podcast Show. I’ll be reading every one of them! –Ann Pearson