Module 1: Pretrial Preparations
- Using Proactive case management even before the trial gets noticed
- Our Trial Prep Checklist as your weekly time management guide for getting ready for trial
- How to stay on track even with an attorney who procrastinates
- Preparing the Trial Notebook as your road map to trial
Module 2: Mastering Trial Technology
- Deciding whether to outsource the technology
- Steps to hiring and managing trial technology vendors
- Checklist of equipment if you are the “hot-seat” person in the courtroom
- Comparing technology alternatives for trial presentations
- Steps to ensure a smooth technology presentation at trial
Module 3: Managing the Evidence During Pretrial
- Drafting an exhibit list that will be your most valuable tool in the courtroom to track the evidence
- Organizing and managing the trial exhibits during the pretrial phase
- Demonstrative evidence considerations
- Preparing deposition designations, with or without technology
- Preparing for the pretrial conference
Module 4: The Weeks Before Trial
- Conducting site visits to plan your workspace in the courtroom and trial war room
- Finding the ideal trial war room – even if it’s in your office
- Preparing for the prep meetings with the trial witnesses
- Mastering the out-of-town trials
Module 5: The Paralegal's Role at Trial
- Logistics to plan for the unexpected at trial
- Setting up your workspace in the courtroom
- Your role in voir dire and how you can be the most helpful to the lead attorney
- Tracking the evidence throughout the trial
- Preparing for jury deliberations
For Only $297
Additional Course Information
The course access period for this course is 120 days. But life happens! Things come up that you didn’t expect. That’s not a problem.
If something comes up and you are not able to complete the course during your course access period, just shoot us an email and let us know that you need more time.
This course is approved for 5.0 CLE credits.
In addition to the course lessons, your course includes templates and forms that you will be able to download and use right away on your own cases. Some of those include:
- Comprehensive Trial Prep Checklist
- Working Exhibit List
- Trial Notebook
- Supply List for Remote Trial War Room
- Index for Witness Prep Notebook
- Courtroom Supply List
- Technology Checklist
- Voir Dire Seating Chart
This course is recommended for litigation paralegals who have at least 3+ years of experience or those who have a trial coming up in the next year.
Ann Pearson is the Founder of PRM Education Group and Director of Training for its nationally-recognized Paralegal Boot Camp®. Ann develops training programs exclusively for paralegals and legal assistants.
Ms. Pearson has over 25 years of experience in the legal industry, first as a litigation paralegal at a boutique law firm in Sarasota, Florida and then as a litigation paralegal at Holland & Knight LLP. She later became the paralegal manager at McKenna, Long & Aldridge LLP (now Dentons), where she managed the paralegals and case assistants in their Atlanta, New York and San Diego offices. Ann was able to significantly increase the skill set, retention rates and productivity of McKenna’s paralegal group through methods that she now teaches in the Paralegal Boot Camp.
Ms. Pearson teaches online courses for Emory University’s Paralegal Certificate Program and is a frequent speaker at legal industry events. She has served on the Advisory Board of Brown Mack College’s paralegal certificate program in Atlanta and is the former President at the Foundation for the Advancement of the Paralegal Profession (FAPP).
Trial Prep for Paralegals
The Trial Prep Boot Camp is a comprehensive trial preparations and procedures course that will give you solid methods and resources to make the most use out of every day leading up to trial.
This online paralegal training program covers all aspects of preparing for trial, beginning with pretrial preparations through the paralegal’s role in the courtroom, and everything in between.
Like all Paralegal Boot Camp workshops, you will receive resources and templates to be able to download and use them as your own, including our Trial Prep Checklist, Trial Notebook, Technology Checklist and so many more!
For Only $297
That May Interest You
Billable Hour Bootcamp
If you are a paralegal working in a law firm, it's more important than ever that you meet (or exceed) the firm's billable hour goal. This course will help you do that - and it will take some of the stress out of drafting those time entries.
E-discovery Training for Paralegals
E-discovery project management is a required skill for litigation paralegals who want to have a successful paralegal career. We'll give you a step-by-step litigation paralegal guide to manage your e-discovery projects from start to finish.
Personal Injury Paralegal Bootcamp
As a case manager at a personal injury law firm, you have an important role in moving cases forward. Easier said than done when you're juggling 70+ active files! The Personal Injury Paralegal Bootcamp gives you the tools to easily manage that heavy case load.