Module 1: A 6-Step Plan to Increasing Your Billable Hours
This opening module gives your paralegals a solid plan to be able to get more billable work right away. The methods discussed in this popular program come from years of asking attorneys “how does a paralegal get the billable work off your desk and on to theirs?” and asking paralegals who consistently exceed their billable hour goals what it is that they are doing differently than others.
- One easy method to gain an additional 100-150 billable hours right away without doing any more work that you’re already doing
- Attorney feedback on why they use one paralegal over another
- What other paralegals are doing that allows them to consistently exceed annual billable hour quotas
- The importance of planning for months when there are vacations and holidays
- How to develop a solid plan to implement now
Module 2: The Art & Science of Drafting Time Entries
We expand on what to do now that you are getting more billable hours and show you how to draft time entries that will stay on the bill. We do this through drafting techniques that will convert your time entries into something that the billing partner and the client see as a value. This training for paralegals is crucial if you work at a law firm because you want to show a value-add to the client. We also discuss some of the most common reasons for write-offs and what you can do to make sure your time entries don’t contain those reasons.
- The importance of showing the real value of your work in your time entries
- Feedback from corporate clients on what they look for in your time entries
- The key content that should be in every time entry to reduce write-offs
- Time entry examples and exercises to help with the drafting process
Module 3: Get a Better Work/Life Balance with Increased Productivity
In this module we show paralegals how to increase their productivity while they are in the office so that they can achieve a better work/life balance and be out of the office sooner. We show them how to measure their daily, weekly and monthly productivity and then give them solid methods to improve those numbers. Paralegals will be able to set a plan for which methods will work best to see the most improvement.
- How to calculate your daily productivity and set daily goals to increase it
- Solid methods to improve your productivity
- How to limit distractions and increase your focus
- Prioritizing your workday so that you can get all your work done and still have a life outside the office
For Only $229
Paralegal Billable Hour Boot Camp
Additional Course Information
The course access period for this course is 30 days. But life happens! Things come up that you didn’t expect. That’s not a problem.
If something comes up and you are not able to complete the course during your course access period, just shoot us an email and let us know that you need more time.
This course is approved for 3.0 CLE credits.
In addition to the course lessons, your course includes workbook exercises to help you establish a plan to meet (or exceed!) this year’s billable hour goal.
This course is recommended for any legal professional who is responsible for tracking and billing their time while working in a law firm.
If you are an in-house paralegal or in another capacity that does not have a billable hour goal but you would like to improve your daily productivity, check out our Get a Better Work/Life Balance With Increased Productivity.
Ann Pearson is the Founder of PRM Education Group and Director of Training for its nationally-recognized Paralegal Boot Camp®. Ann develops training programs exclusively for paralegals and legal assistants.
Ms. Pearson has over 25 years of experience in the legal industry, first as a litigation paralegal at a boutique law firm in Sarasota, Florida and then as a litigation paralegal at Holland & Knight LLP. She later became the paralegal manager at McKenna, Long & Aldridge LLP (now Dentons), where she managed the paralegals and case assistants in their Atlanta, New York and San Diego offices. Ann was able to significantly increase the skill set, retention rates and productivity of McKenna’s paralegal group through methods that she now teaches in the Paralegal Boot Camp.
Ms. Pearson teaches online courses for Emory University’s Paralegal Certificate Program and is a frequent speaker at legal industry events. She has served on the Advisory Board of Brown Mack College’s paralegal certificate program in Atlanta and is the former President at the Foundation for the Advancement of the Paralegal Profession (FAPP).
Read Ann’s recent article on 3 Key Factors to Increase Paralegal Profitability.