Let’s have some fun this month!
I’m starting a 21-Day “Most Distance” challenge this month, starting on May 11, 2018. It’s going to be our first ever Paralegal Boot Camp Fitness Challenge.
Run. Bike. Walk. Hike. Stroll. Beach Walk. Anything that gets you outside this month and puts some “distance” on those feet.
I thought it would fun for the paralegal community to join together for some fitness fun!
I’ve been using the Map My Walk app and doing challenges with friends for the past couple of years. I find that it’s much easier to stick to a goal (especially working out) when you’re doing it with others.
What will be fun with this challenge is that you’ll be able to see people from all across the country.
The Paralegal Boot Camp Fitness Challenge starts on May 11, 2018
Here’s how it works:
- Use the Map My Walk to track ANY outdoor activity (walk, bike, run, stroll, hike, etc). It’s not about how FAST you go, it’s how much DISTANCE you put in over the 21-day period. So if you’re not a runner, but enjoy going on 3-mile walks every night, you have just as much chance of winning as the person who runs or bikes.
- Optional: upload a scenic picture from your workout so that we can all see pics from around the country.
- The Prize: your better work/life balance and making some new friends while getting in shape.
- The Cost: Zero. The app is free and the challenge is free.
How to join:
- Download the Map My Walk app (it’s free) if you don’t already have it on your phone. See screenshots below.
- Under your “profile” settings, be sure to turn on the “allow friends to find me by email.”
- Send a Request to Join to me. You can do it with the pop-up on this page. If there is no pop-up, that means the challenge has ended.
- Make sure you’re signed up before May 9th at midnight. The challenge starts on May 11th and ends on May 31 (my birthday!).
Then, after you download the app – go to the three “dots” at the bottom right, click on it to open up the menu/settings. Go to “PROFILE” and make sure your setting allows for friends to find you by email address.
About the Author
Ann Pearson is the Founder of the Paralegal Boot Camp, specializing in training for paralegals that focuses on the important paralegal skills not taught in certificate programs.
Ann started her paralegal career as a litigation paralegal and then was a manager of paralegals for many years prior to starting her own company in 2010. When she’s not working, you can usually find her somewhere near an ocean – either scuba diving, boating, cleaning up a beach, or volunteering to help save sea turtles.