Module 1: Project Management Principles
- Using proactive case management to master document productions
- How to become a project manager when your team does not involve you in the beginning of a project
- Understanding how the 2015 amendments to the FRCP affect document productions
- The basics of project management principles and how to incorporate those principles into document production projects
- How to communicate changes to the project scope, cost or time
Module 2: Developing a Plan
- Drafting a Project Plan Memo to make sure you have a defensible audit trail on your document productions
- Industry models to assist in document productions
- The important questions that must be asked and answered before the document production starts
- How to identify other sources of data
- Estimating data size and preparing a budget
Module 3: Managing the Processing and Review Phases
- Managing the Processing Phase using project management principles.
- Understanding the various processing options depending on the available technology.
- Developing a training program for your document review staff.
- Methods for reducing the review time of a document production.
- Estimating the completion date for the review.
Module 4: Managing the Production Phase
- Incorporating project management principles into the production phase
- Understanding the pros and cons of the various production method.
- Having quality control measures in place to prevent mistakes in your productions
- Drafting a Production History Log and how it will be used in your defensible audit trail
For Only $189
Additional Course Information
The course access period for this course is 90 days. But life happens! Things come up that you didn’t expect. That’s not a problem.
If something comes up and you are not able to complete the course during your course access period, just shoot us an email and let us know that you need more time.
This course is approved for 4.0 CLE credits.
In addition to the course lessons, your course includes templates and forms that you will be able to download and use right away on your own cases.
This course is recommended for litigation paralegals who want to master their e-discovery projects.
Ann Pearson is the Founder of PRM Education Group and Director of Training for its nationally-recognized Paralegal Boot Camp®. Ann develops training programs exclusively for paralegals and legal assistants.
Ms. Pearson has over 25 years of experience in the legal industry, first as a litigation paralegal at a boutique law firm in Sarasota, Florida and then as a litigation paralegal at Holland & Knight LLP. She later became the paralegal manager at McKenna, Long & Aldridge LLP (now Dentons), where she managed the paralegals and case assistants in their Atlanta, New York and San Diego offices. Ann was able to significantly increase the skill set, retention rates and productivity of McKenna’s paralegal group through methods that she now teaches in the Paralegal Boot Camp.
Ms. Pearson teaches online courses for Emory University’s Paralegal Certificate Program and is a frequent speaker at legal industry events. She has served on the Advisory Board of Brown Mack College’s paralegal certificate program in Atlanta and is the former President at the Foundation for the Advancement of the Paralegal Profession (FAPP).